A "Game Changer" in
Omega 3 pet nutrition.
DHA is the most important Omega 3 fatty acid that helps to improve and prevent many chronic pet health issues. These include cognitive decline, heart disease, inflammation, asthma, arthritis, and certain cancers, just to name a few. DHA is a necessary building block for healthy brain development and optimum cognitive functioning throughout your pet’s life. It strengthens their immune response and is a tool for healthy weight management.
DHA is so important to your pet’s health that your pet is unable to achieve optimum health if this important nutrient is lacking. DHA must come from the food they eat… until now. ZipZyme™ Omega is a “game changer” in Omega 3 DHA nutrition. This wholesome food source from ocean algae provides a clean highly bioavailable source of DHA. In addition, ZIpZyme™ contains anti-oxidative enzymes that protect the cells from damaging oxidation that affect all extracted oil essential fatty acid oil as well as the metabolic enzymes that create DHA.
Ocean Algae – the source of Omega 3 Nutrition.
Algae grows throughout the world’s oceans and is a basic food for the fish that populate the seas. Ocean algae contains metabolic enzymes that create the DHA needed by all animals – pets and humans. Fish eat the algae, thereby acquiring the enzymes. The fish are then caught, and killed so that the Omega 3 containing oil can be extracted.
ZIPZYME™ is not extracted oil, but fresh whole cell Omega 3 laden algae
Unfortunately, the process to produce and package fish oil is seriously flawed. To obtain the fish oil, and the DHA in the oil, the processors use heat to extract the oil. Heat above 115• F creates the potential for damaging oxidation of the molecules, completely destroys the enzymes and reduces the viable DHA yield in the finished product. The molecular structure of fatty acid molecules, as well as the lack of protective enzymes, also contributes to such damaging oxidation. This can transform the Omega 3 molecules into rancid, toxic chemicals.
Recognizing that heat destroys the algae’s metabolic enzymes, PhytoSmart embarked on a development program to create a sterile growing system that would preserve the algae’s enzymatic activity without resorting to damaging heat levels. We now continuously produce ZipZyme™ in our patented sterile growing system SPAGS (Sterile Plastic Algal Growth System).
ZipZyme™ stands above all Omega 3 extracted oils that can be toxic to your pet and begin to spoil as soon as the package seal is broken. Once opened, the contents are exposed to the air and begin to oxidize – and over time becomes rancid. This can often occur in as little as 90 days. Once this damaging oxidation process starts there is no going back!
Extracted Omega 3 oil contains none of the anti-oxidative or metabolic enzymes found in algae. Therefore no extracted Omega 3 oil can deliver the full array of health benefits provided by ZipZyme™.
As validated in the Guardian
The negative health consequences of Omega 3 oxidized extracted fish or algal oil are validated in the article that appeared in the UK newspaper on January 17, 2022 – https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/jan/17/revealed-many-common-omega-3-fish-oil-supplements-are-rancid.
ZipZyme™ Omega offers Omega 3 marine plant based nutrition for pets of all sizes. It is a safe, natural, whole-cell algae Omega DHA nutrient that helps protect and repair your pet’s health. When eaten daily, ZipZyme™ Omega DHA helps support cognition and brain health, reduce allergic reactions, alleviate skin/coat issues, improve circulation and mobility, repair metabolisms, and more.
To maintain freshness we recommend treating ZipZyme™ like an item of produce — either freezing or refrigerating the pack/pouches until you are ready to feed ZipZyme™ to your pets. Our newest addition to the ZipZyme™ family, KRUMBLE™ is likewise protected from damaging oxidation, and no longer requires refrigeration or freezing.
ZipZyme™ products deliver the most natural, bioavailable DHA nutrition directly from the source: ocean algae – without all the problems found in extracted Omega 3 oil products. And because ZipZyme™ is produced without heat the enzymatic activity remains active and intact.
These algal metabolic enzymes work to prevent the accumulation of unhealthy saturated fats that are a gateway to animal illnesses. They do so by converting glucose to healthy DHA laden fats. Feed your favorite animal friend ZipZyme™ Omega daily.
ZipZyme™ is grown from 100% all natural, non-GMO ingredients. Contains NOTHING synthetic or artificial and has no fillers.
The proprietary process used to produce ZipZyme™ preserves its natural freshness. ZipZyme™ is the only Omega 3 product to deliver highly bio-available DHA, complete with active anti oxidative and metabolic enzymes.
ZipZyme™ is grain free and does not contain any of the glutens that can trigger allergic reactions.
Made in the USA - 100%
ZipZyme™ is organic, sustainably grown from Ocean Algae, cultivated contaminant-free in Maine.
Developed Specifically for Pets by a Team of
Scientists and Pet Lovers!
ZipZyme™ Omega adds bio-available DHA directly to your pet’s food.
- ZipZyme™ is grown from ocean algae that produces Omega 3 DHA — the most important Omega 3 fatty acid. ZipZyme™ is grown, harvested and packaged, all at ambient temperatures, preserving the special enzymes.
- ZipZyme™ is natural, whole cell Omega 3 nutrition that uniquely preserves the algae’s anti-oxidative and metabolic enzymes, to benefit cognition, immunity, circulation, mobility, weight management and restore balance to the metabolism.
- ZipZyme™ Omega is a fresh, wholesome food with no added synthetic or artificial ingredients.
- ZipZyme™ is produced in the USA, in Maine, in a sterile patented growing system.
Read our White Papers to learn why ZipZyme™ Omega should be a part of your pet’s healthy diet.
A tasty, daily serving of ZipZyme™ added to your pet’s food is the easiest and safest way to put a spring in their step, a shine to their coat, and better health and vitality throughout their life. Your pet will love it! Be sure to ask your veterinarian about the benefits of whole cell, non-processed Omega 3 DHA -ZipZyme™!
The Safe Alternative
Feeding your furry friend ZipZyme™ Omega daily keeps them healthy.
Listen to world renowned holistic veterinarian Dr. Jeff Feinman, who supports the use of ZipZyme™.
Assure Your Pets The Health They Deserve
If your pet is healthy, ZipZyme™ will keep them active and vital for many years to come, but if your pet is suffering from some health condition or needs to repair their metabolism, feeding them ZipZyme™ daily will soon help to restore health and vitality!
We understand how important pets are to our well-being and how much comfort they give us. Every ZipZyme™ team member is a pet parent. We love our furry BFFs. It is our mission – or as we like to say, “It’s why we get up in the morning” – to make sure they are loved and feeling their best! Help us care for your pet’s health as we care for our own by mixing a serving of ZipZyme™ into their food every day.
The Omega 3 oil you are using CAN BE toxic to your pet!
Fish oil manufacturers use heat in their production processes destroying the special enzymes that algae naturally possess, thus limiting the health benefits that might be derived from Omega 3 nutrients.
Toxic oxidation can begin to occur within weeks — much sooner than the expiration date. The antioxidants added by manufacturers offer little added protection. Once this damaging oxidation process starts there is no going back!
The whole cell DHA nutrition offered by ZipZyme™ is the safer, better game changing solution. Any benefits to brain, heart, and metabolic health derived from Omega 3 extracted oils are therefore vastly limited compared to the whole cell DHA nutrition provided by ZipZyme™.
- 5 Reasons To Supplement Your Dog’s Diet With DHA. Amber King. https://iheartdogs.com/5-
reasons-to-supplement-your- dogs-diet-with-dha/#:~:text=% 205%20Reasons%20To% 20Supplement%20Your%20Dog%E2% 80%99s%20Diet,pup%E2%80%99s% 20skin%20isn%E2%80%99t%20dry% 2C%20flaky%2C%20and…%20More% 20
- Fritsch, D. et al. (2010). “Dose‐Titration Effects of Fish Oil in Osteoarthritic Dogs”. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. Vol 24. Pg 120-126
- Freeman, L. M. et al. (1998). Nutritional Alterations and the Effect of Fish Oil Supplementation in Dogs with Heart Failure. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine Vol 12. Pages 440-448
- Bauer, J. (2007).“Responses of Dogs to Dietary Omega-3 Fatty Acids”. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Vol. 231, No. 11, Pages 1657-1661.
- Filburn, C., Griffin, D. (2005). “Supplementation with a Docosahexaenoic Acid-Enriched Salmon Oil on Total Plasma and Plasma Phospholipid Fatty Acid Composition in the Cat.” Effects of International Journal of Applied Research in Veterinary Medicine, Vol 3
- Kolanowski, W., et al. (2006). Microencapsulation of fish oil by spray drying–impact on oxidative stability. Part 1. Eur Food Res Technol 222, 336–342 (2006).
- Heinemann, K., Bauer, J. (2006). “Docosahexaenoic Acid and Neurologic Development in Animals.” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Vol. 228, No. 5, Pages 700-705.
- Corbee, et al. (2012). The effect of dietary long-chain omega-3 fatty acid supplementation on owner’s perception of behavior and locomotion in cats with naturally occurring osteoarthritis. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition
- 12 Health Benefits of DHA (DocosahexaenoicAcid) https://www.healthline.com/
nutrition/dha-benefits Marsha McCulloch, MS, RD on September 23, 2018
- Fatty Acid Supplementation in Cats – https://www.bestfriendsvet.
- “SO HOW LONG DOES FISH OIL LAST ONCE YOU OPEN IT? THE WRONG ANSWER CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HARM TO YOUR PET!” Rodney Habib – https://www.planetpaws.ca/2015/08/02/fish-oil-pet-health
- Ghnimi, S., Budilarto, E., Kamal-Eldin, A. (2017). “The New Paradigm for Lipid Oxidation and Insights to Microencapsulation of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.” Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety. Vol.16, 2017
- Albert, B. et al. (2013). “Oxidation of Marine Omega-3 Supplements and Human Health”. Biomedicine Research International. Vol. 2013.
- Albert, B. et al. (2015). “Fish oil Supplements in New Zealand are Highly Oxidized and Do Not Meet Label Content of n-3 PUFA”. Scientific Reports. Vol. 5(1):7928.
- So How Long Does Fish Oil Last Once you Open in it? – https://www.planetpaws.ca/2015
- Albert, B. Cameron-Smith, D. Hofman, P. Cutfield, W. (2013). Oxidation of Marine Omega-3 Supplements and Human Health. Biomed Research International. Vol. 2013.
- Bays, H. (2007). Safety Considerations with Omega-3 Fatty Acid Therapy. The American Journal of Cardiology. Vol. 99, pp 535-543
- Fish oil supplements in New Zealand are highly oxidised and do not meet label content of n-3 PUFA | Scientific Reports (nature.com)Albert, B., Derraik, J., Cameron-Smith, D. et al. (2015). Fish oil supplements in New Zealand are highly oxidised and do not meet label content of n-3 PUFA. Sci Rep. Vol 5, pg 7928
- Richa Syal (01.17.2022) Revealed: many common omega-3 fish oil supplements are ‘rancid’ | Fish oil | The Guardian